When joining, please list the Santa Barbara County Chapter as your chapter preference. This will ensure you receive chapter member information, newsletters, member discounts, and become eligible for chapter member benefits such as the adult amateur clinic and year end awards
CDS memberships go from December to December. Anyone joining after October 1st will be a member for the following year.
Membership includes a subscription to the monthly “CDS Letters” newsletter, participation in CDS awards programs and educational activities such as the CDS Adult Amateur Clinics, and Group Membership in the United States Dressage Federation (USDF).
THERE ARE FIVE CLASSES OF CDS MEMBERSHIP:
- Active Members are all persons with an active interest in the purposes of CDS who have paid their annual dues.
- Qualified Riding Members are Active Members who have demonstrated proficiency in the skills of riding, at least to the level of elementary dressage. To become a Qualified Riding Member, a CDS member must receive 50% or higher at USEF First Level.
- Life Members are Active Members who at any one time contribute $1000 or more to the Society or who are given Honorary Life Member status by the Executive Board. Such individuals shall have dues or assessments waived after such time as the initial contribution is made.
- Family Members are Active Members who belong to the same family, living at one address.
- Charter Members are all persons who entered any class of membership in CDS before December 31, 1968.
If you have any questions about CDS membership, please contact our Membership Chair, Karen Christensen.